ABOUT THE SITE AND ITS APPLICATION
The Site provides educational content regarding important policy issues impacting the apartment industry in Illinois and allows you to communicate directly with Illinois legislators through our Application.
USE OF APPLICATION; RULES FOR USER CONDUCT AND USE OF THE APPLICATION
You need to be at least 18 years old and a resident of the United States to use the Application.
If you are a user who uses our Application, you will create a personalized email correspondence allowing you to access the Application and to receive messages from SHAPE Illinois. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your email address or other information we collect. SHAPE Illinois will not be responsible for any liabilities, losses, or damages arising out of the unauthorized use of your email address or other information you share.
Your permission to use the Site is conditioned upon the following use and conduct restrictions.
You agree that you will not under any circumstances:
- access the Site or use the Application for any reason other than your personal, non-commercial use solely as permitted by the normal functionality of the Application;
- collect or harvest any personal data of any user of the Site or the Application;
- use the Site or the Application for the solicitation of business in the course of trade or in connection with a commercial enterprise;
- distribute any part or parts of the Site or the Application without our explicit written permission (we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of creating publicly-available searchable indices but retain the right to revoke this permission at any time on a general or specific basis);
- use the Service for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
- attempt to, or harass, abuse or harm another person or group;
- intentionally allow another user to access your email account;
- provide false or inaccurate information when using the Application;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Application;
- make any automated use of the Site, the Application or the related systems, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
- bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Application, or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Application or harvest or manipulate data;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Application or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of content, or enforce limitations on use of the Application or the content accessible via the Application; or
- publish or link to malicious content of any sort, including that intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer.
CORRESPONDENCE AND CONDUCT RESTRICTIONS
When you create your own personalized campaign correspondence, you may be able to provide information that is received and reviewed by Illinois legislators (“User Content”) through the Application. You are solely responsible for the User Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the Application.
You agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. SHAPE Illinois, however, reserves the right to remove any User Content from the Application at its sole discretion.
We grant you permission to use and access the Application, subject to the following express conditions surrounding User Content. You agree that failure to adhere to any of these conditions constitutes a material breach of these Terms.
By transmitting and submitting any User Content while using the Application, you agree as follows:
- You are solely responsible for your correspondence and the activity that occurs while using the Application;
- You will not post information that is malicious, libelous, false or inaccurate;
- You will not post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable and offensive;
- You will not submit User Content that is copyrighted or subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy, publicity, trade secret, or others, unless you are the owner of such rights or have the appropriate permission from their rightful owner to specifically submit such User Content; and
You understand and agree that any liability, loss or damage that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you make available or access through your use of the Application is solely your responsibility. The Site is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content.
The Site does not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Content. However, at our discretion, we, or technology we employ, may monitor and/or record your interactions with the Application or with other users.
ONLINE CONTENT DISCLAIMER
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Site, but not directly by the Site, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content.
We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Site or the Application nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by other parties. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or third party posts or sends via the Application. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on the Site, or transmitted to users.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND/OR MATERIALS
By posting any User Content via the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, to the Company a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, email address, and physical address as contained in your User Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Service.
EMAIL MAY NOT BE USED TO PROVIDE LEGAL NOTICE
Communications made through the Application’s email and messaging system will not constitute legal notice to the Site, the Application, or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives in any situation where legal notice is required by contract or any law or regulation.
USER CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS IN ELECTRONIC FORM
We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including information about the Site, newsletters, marketing materials or information about other apartment-related campaigns. You may opt out of such email by using the “Unsubscribe” link in the message, or by sending an email to email@example.com or mail to the following postal address:
Chicagoland Apartment Association
Attn: Privacy Officer
557 W. Randolph St. #2
Chicago, IL 60661
Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding the Site, the newsletters, or information about other apartment-related campaigns.
THE SITE AND APPLICATION, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SERVICE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SITE, THE APPLICATION, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, OR ITS LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, OR DATA, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, HOWEVER ARISING, THAT RESULT FROM: (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR DISPLAY OF YOUR USER CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE; (C) THE APPLICATION GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE APPLICATION AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH USE OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.